Monday, July 31, 2017

Monday Musings- Passing the Seasons



Hey there my little Tarot Tots!

Today, I am working from a prompt (as I do very often) that is asking me this question:

"What is your favorite season of the year and why? Does it involve memories? How do you celebrate now?"

(you can find where I am picking prompts from at the prompt place.)

So this is a pretty good question. I'm sitting here enjoying the summer where I am at, but it is most definitely not my favorite season. Could be my second favorite season since you get to go swimming and I am very partial to being able to go swimming.

My favorite season of the year is autumn/fall. It's a very peaceful season and everything just seems like it is slowing down, which is nice, because I don't move very fast in the first place. The leaves are changing colours and are falling off of them like a strange rain.

Something else that is possibly the best thing about autumn is that it is the home of Halloween/Samhain; the greatest holiday in my opinion. It's the Celtic new year and the beginning of so many new things. They say it is a death festival, as it is about reconnecting with your ancestors. I've been thinking about this quite ab it lately and I don't know exactly what my thoughts are on it yet. I want to make sure I form some serious thoughts by the time this holiday comes around again.

I feel like with summer it is far too hot where I live. The other day it was about 106* plus the humidity was really high. I know that there are places elsewhere that are even hotter, and they probably have a similar thought process to me: "Summer is too hot!". Fall is just perfect because the weather is nice and calm and there is even a spot of rain here or there to cool things down even more. The closer it gets to winter, the colder it's chill, but that is better than hot, hot, hot.

I suppose the memories it invokes are ones around Halloween when my mother would make us all sorts of crazy costumes to wear out; not that she didn't make us costumes the rest of the year. We were encouraged to wear all sorts of costumes all the time and that dress up was one of the best things to do.

Nowadays, I celebrate by remembering ancestors and lighting candles and whatnot to remember the deceased and my boyfriend and my families. Recently, we lost his mother so we will be celebrating her life this year for Samhain. I think he will like that.

Thanks for listening to me ramble again. Monday musings are best musings.
-Vyvyan Wormwood
The Wormwood Oracle

No comments:

Post a Comment